adsense

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Over the Sink Kitchen Chalkboard

Over the Sink Chalkboard

I was in need of something to fill this awkward open space about our sink in the kitchen (as we aren't quite to the adding a backsplash step yet).  I finally settled on adding a chalkboard.  You can never go wrong with a chalkboard right? 

Found a this white frame at Hobby Lobby and took advantage of a 50% off sale.
Then scrounged up a piece of leftover beadboard and used the backside of it to paint as a chalkboard.  I painted two coats of white paint first, then a couple coats of chalkboard paint.  Fortunately, chalkboard paint is found everywhere now and pretty inexpensive.  For something small like this, I just use a bottle at a craft store you can get for about $3-$4.

Here is the chalkboard at Christmas time.



* And I use Bistro Chalkboard markers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to "attempt" to make something similar for our traditional Christmas Countdown Calendar. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...