adsense

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Chevron Flower Canvas Art

I was inspired by a pin I had seen on Pinterest to tackle this simple piece of art for Quinn's room. There was no tutorial, but it looked pretty easy to do, and it was.


Supplies Needed:
- One large square canvas (this one is 20x20)  tip: watch for sales at Michael's and combine coupon
- 3/4 yard of chevron fabric
- 10 sheets of pink felt
- scissors
- hot glue gun

I made this one night while watching tv.  It was a super easy project that would cost a lot more to buy.  When cutting the petals, there was no real rhyme or reason to it, and they aren't perfect or exactly the same, I cut a bunch of 5 different sizes and just started hot gluing. :) (only hot gluing at the base of the petal so that you can pull them out a bit for a little more dimension)

Total cost:  $11

7 comments:

  1. What shape did you cut your petals into?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut squares, then kept them square shaped at bottom and slowly cut a curve to the middle of the top of the square. Have fun!

      Delete
  2. Did you start gluing your petals from the center?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the outside ring first and worked my way towards the center, so each layer towards the center gets a little bit more dimension and eventually the center sticks out a little more with a few pieces almost sticking directly out towards you. hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have step by step tutorial with pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately - I do not for this project. I will try to work on getting that added soon. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. That would be so awesome! I found another tutorial but it just wasn't working out for me. And you petals look much bigger than the other one I was trying to work off of. I like this one better! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...